As the title suggests, these quesadillas are filled with hummus made out of garbanzo beans. They are a great source of protein and fiber as well as a number of other nutrients such as magnesium, potassium and iron. These assist bodily functions such as digestion and heart and bone health.
These quesadillas are also high in niacin, zinc and calcium. Niacin lowers “bad” LDL cholesterol. Zinc assists the immune system. Calcium keeps your bones healthy and strong.
Spinach is also full of vitamins, namely Vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. These provide a variety of health benefits such as strengthening the immune system, promoting health in the heart and aiding digestion.
Important Note – Phytotherapi’s weight loss or diabetes protocols use a specific Nutritional Guide. If you’re currently undergoing those protocols, wait until after you’re done with the program before eating this meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 4 minutes per quesadilla Servings: 5
- Great source of protein
- Aids in digestive health
- Promotes heart health
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Small Zucchini, Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes (Drained)
- ½ Cup Fresh Salsa
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 packet of 10 Organic Tortillas
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1-1 ½ Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a food processor, place the Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Water, Garlic, Beans, Spices and Zucchini. Process until smooth.
- Add Sun-dried Tomatoes, Cilantro, Salsa and Salt. Process again until smooth or chunky, according to preference.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. On medium heat, place a corn tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle with ⅓ cup Mozzarella Cheese reserving part of the cheese for the next step then spread 2 Tbs. Hummus on top.
- Add Spinach, and sprinkle the rest of the reserved Mozzarella. Place another tortilla on top.
- Flip after sixty seconds and cook on the other side for another sixty seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Enjoy!
- Makes approx. 3 cups of hummus. Store leftovers in the fridge.
- This recipe is best made with a high speed blender to create a smooth hummus.
- Make sure that your tortillas are organic to avoid any GMO’s