Celebrate the rich flavors of fall with this tasty new dessert. The pumpkin in this recipe is used not just for looks, but also makes this bar a great a source of antioxidants. While being a great source of antioxidants, this dessert also contains antibacterial properties thanks to the use of coconut oil. To top it all off, the combination of spices add taste as well as beneficial anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good antioxidant source
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
Ingredients: (yields 24 bars)
- 3 eggs
- ½ C coconut oil, melted
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 C Agave
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ C pecans, finely chopped
- 4 oz. of organic cream cheese
- ½ C coconut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C coconut sugar, pulverized
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9×13 inch pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients, except the pecans, in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, coconut oil, agave, and eggs.
- Add dry mixture to bowl then stir. Mix in pecans. Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take out bars and let it sit until cool.
- For the frosting, combine cream cheese, coconut butter, vanilla, and coconut sugar in a separate bowl then use hand mixer to stir until smooth.
- When bars have completely cooled, spread frosting evenly on. Place in refrigerator and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.