This recipe was adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com. Over the years it has been modified to become the healthier alternative to other pumpkin chocolate chip recipes. While it’s important to be mindful of how often you have desserts, this recipe is a great alternative to traditional recipes when you want a little something sweet. I hope you enjoy!
- Good source of whole grains
- Good source of omega-3’s
- Healthier alternative to traditional desserts
Ingredients: (Makes 15-20 servings)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup agave
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cashew milk or other nut milk of choice
- 1 organic egg
- 2 cup whole white wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a great brand)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Lightly beat egg and combine in a large bowl with pumpkin, Agave, and coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate small bowl, dissolve baking soda into milk. Add to dry mixture. Gently stir in dry mixture to large bowl. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.