These energy bites make a great snack before or after exercising and come together quickly. The dates help to add sweetness while also adding fiber to help keep you full. This snack is also a great option to add to an on the go lunch.
- Good source of protein
- Good source of complex carbohydrates
- Full of fiber
- Good source of healthy fats
Ingredients: (Makes 10 energy bites; serving is 2 energy bites)
- 6 dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and pitted
- 1 cup oats
- 4 TBS natural peanut or almond butter
- 2 TBS dark chocolate or dairy free chips
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (We used Orgain Organic brand)
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4-8 TBS water (start with 4, then add more if too dry)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until dates are chopped and ingredients are combined.
- Roll into 10 equal balls and place in fridge.
- Let firm up for about 1 hour.
- Use a plant-based protein powder to give yourself extra fiber and improve digestion. You will also avoid hormones or antibiotics found in animal based protein powders if you choose a plant based protein.
- Double the batch and you’ll have a healthy snack option all week long.