This smoothie gets its name thanks to the powerhouse ingredients such as turmeric, greens, fresh ginger and pineapple which are full of anti-inflammatory properties. You also get a boost of protein in this smoothie thanks to the protein nut milk, making this a great post workout smoothie.
- Strengthens immune system
- Good source of protein
- Full of antioxidants
Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- 2.5 cups protein nut milk (such as silk)
- 2 big handfuls power greens
- 1 inch fresh peeled ginger
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Stevia
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- Place the milk and greens in the blender and process for 15 seconds, then add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and process until smooth. If you don’t have a power blender allowed your frozen fruit to defrost a little bit before adding. Enjoy immediately.
- The brand “Silk” makes an excellent protein nut milk which is made out of cashew and almond milk as well as pea protein. If you cannot find protein nut milk you can substitute with cashew or almond milk, just be aware that it will not contain as much protein. Alternately, you could add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Power greens are a blend of spinach, kale and chard. If you cannot find this blend, use your favorite leafy greens.