This bean dip is ready in about 20 minutes and has a wonderful smokey and deep flavor. This recipe is great to make ahead and portion out as snacks for the week. It has just a touch of spiciness but you can always adjust if you like extra heat. We like to eat this with fresh cut-up veggies and tortilla chips. (Be sure to get Non-GMO). You can also use this as a spread to a sandwich or wrap.
- Full of fiber
- Full of magnesium
- Great source of Vitamin C
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 2 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 TBS tahini
- 4 TBS cayenne pepper hot sauce (We used Franks’s Red Hot Original Sauce)
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 2 TBS. water
- 1 TBS smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop your red bell pepper into large chunks and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast bell pepper for 12 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Process until smooth. Be patient-this make take up to 5 minutes to get a smooth consistency.
- Tahini is a sauce made from sesame seeds. You can find it in most grocery stores in the ethnic food aisle or in the peanut butter isle.
- Be sure to use smoked paprika and not regular. The smoked paprika helps give it more flavor.