This recipe is a great make ahead option for lunch or dinner to have throughout the week. If you are not a fan of tofu, you can substitute for 7 oz. of grilled skinless chicken breast. You can also swap the soy milk for another non-dairy unsweetened milk of your choice. We hope you enjoy!
*This recipe can be used while on the diabetes or weight loss programs
Full of fiber
Great source of protein
Full of antioxidants
Ingredients: (makes 5 servings)
14 oz. extra firm tofu
½ cup green lentils, washed and rinsed
½ cup red lentils, washed and rinsed
¼ Tbs. nutritional yeast (optional)
2 Tbs. curry powder
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. turmeric
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups water
½ cup unsweetened soy milk
4 cups broccoli, frozen
2 packets stevia. (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 410 degrees. While oven is preheating, cut your tofu into small-medium cubes.
- Place tofu on baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes
- While tofu is cooking place lentils, nutritional yeast, curry powder, salt, turmeric, garlic and water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lentils are soft.
- Add broccoli, milk, stevia and cooked tofu.
- Heat until broccoli is no longer frozen.