This recipe is very easy to make and a great side dish. For people transitioning from white rice to brown, this recipe is great as it is full of flavor, proving that healthy eating isn’t boring! We hope you enjoy.
- Full of antioxidants
- Excellent source of fiber
- Excellent source of magnesium
- Immune booster
Ingredients: Makes about 3 cups
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups brown rice (short grain and organic if possible)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- Place garlic, cilantro, green chilies, salt and onion in a blender and process. Set aside.
- Add broth to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and blended ingredients and stir.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook until rice is cooked, about 45 minutes.