This salad is made using our Zesty Greek Salad Dressing on the blog as a marinade for the chicken. It’s a great way to use up leftover dressing and helps keep the chicken tender while grilling without using oil. Feel free to be creative with the veggies in the salad. Enjoy!
*This recipe can be used while on the diabetes and weight loss programs
- Full of protein
- Full of fiber
- Great source of antioxidants
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast (organic)
¼ cup of Zesty Greek Salad dressing, plus additional for topping the salad
4 cups mixed springs greens
1 cucumber, chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes
⅓ cup red onion, chopped
- Pound the chicken so it is the same height all around (this will help it to cook evenly) Next, poke the chicken 2-3 times per side with a fork. Pour marinade over the chicken and mix so that all the chicken has some marinade.
- Marinade for 1 hour, flipping halfway through to ensure an even marinade.
- Spray a grill pan or grill with a bit of non stick coconut oil spray. Heat to medium-medium high.Cook until done or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit. (about 5-6 minutes per side)
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and top with chicken and about ½ cup of dressing. Toss to combine and enjoy.
*Serving size is 4 oz. of grilled chicken and about 2 cups of salad or about ¼ of the salad.
Tips: To make preparing your lunches quick and easy for the week we recommend grilling the chicken ahead of time and separating into 4 containers. The day you eat your salad, simply chop up your veggies and top with your chicken and dressing.