If you’ve never tried using chickpea flour, this recipe is a great one to start out with. Chickpea flour is made by grinding dry chickpeas into a fine flour. The result is a gluten-free option that has more protein than traditional flour. You can find chickpea flour under a few different names including gram flour, besan or garbanzo bean flour. You can find this flour in the health food section of your grocery store or in the gluten free section. If you have a heavy duty wheat grinder you can also make this flour yourself by grinding dry chickpeas.
*This recipe can be used while on the diabetes or weight loss programs
- Great source of protein
- Great source of fiber
- Good source of vitamin K
- Great source of iron, vitamin B6 and magnesium
Ingredients: (Makes 1 serving)
¼ cup chickpea flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ tsp. Baking powder
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon unsweetened soy milk (or other non dairy milk)
2 Tablespoons water
3 strawberries (frozen or fresh)
¼ of a lemon, juiced
2 packets stevia
- Make your crepe batter by mixing flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, egg whites, milk, water and 1 packet stevia.
- Heat up a small fry pan that has been sprayed with a bit of non-stick coconut oil spray over medium heat.
- Once pan is hot place about ¼ cup of batter in the center of pan, then turn the pan to get the batter thinly spread over the entire pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes then flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Make your strawberry sauce: Blend or mash the strawberries, lemon juice and 1 packet of stevia. If using frozen strawberries, warm them up first.
- Top crepes with the sauce and enjoy!