This meal includes all of the flavor of tacos but with lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. This simple meal includes a variety of healthful benefits like vitamins A,C, and fiber from the lettuce. The pico de gallo salsa aids in body detoxification and strengthening the immune system, and the pinto beans contain fiber, protein, and more vitamins. These are just some of the health benefits for this quick and flavorful mean, enjoy!
*This recipe can be used while on the diabetes or weight loss programs
- Full of a variety of vitamins
- Good source of protein
- Great source of fiber
Ingredients:(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- Butter Lettuce or Boston Lettuce (we used Boston Lettuce)
- About 2 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto Beans
- Spray a medium-large pan with a small amount of coconut oil spray.
- Heat pan to medium heat and cook the turkey meat adding in the taco seasoning. You can also add 2-3 tablespoons of water while cooking to keep the food from sticking.
- While meat is cooking prepare your lettuce by washing it and patting it dry with a paper towel to remove excess water. Place the individual lettuce leaves on a plate to be filled later.
- Rinse and drain the pinto beans.
- Once your taco meat is cooked, add in the pinto beans to the pan and warm on the stove until they are heated to your liking and then turn the heat off.
- Next place about ¼ cup of the taco meat and bean mixture into each of the lettuce leaves and top with pico de gallo.