This recipe comes together quickly and is full of vegetables. It is also very easy to customize using your favorite vegetables. If you prefer, you can use frozen cauliflower rice to save yourself some time in the kitchen.
- Antioxidant rich
- Excellent source of fiber
- Good source of protein
- Good source of vitamin C
1 small head of cauliflower
1 lb. organic, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
½ a medium yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 cups veggies of choice. (We used snap peas, red bell pepper and carrots)
2 tbsp. liquid aminos (such as the brand Bragg)
Pepper to taste
Directions: (Makes 4 servings)
- Make cauliflower rice- Using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower in batches until they resemble grains of rice. (Alternately, you can use a box grater with medium holes- this will just take longer to do) Heat a large pan with a little coconut oil spray. When hot, add half the cauliflower to the pan and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Set aside. Repeat with remaining cauliflower. Set aside.
- Spray pan again and cook chicken until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Add garlic, onions and vegetables to pan and cook until desired tenderness.
- Return cauliflower rice and chicken to pan. Stir in aminos and season with pepper.