There are times when you want a sweet treat. Why not make it healthier? Banana ice cream is something that has become a popular alternative over traditional ice cream. Let us know what you think of this recipe!
*This recipe is to be used AFTER the metabolic or diabetes protocol. This recipe can be used during all other protocols.
- Dairy Free
- Healthier dessert option
Ingredients: (makes 2-3 servings)
- 2 frozen bananas, cut into chunks (choose bananas that are slightly ripe with small brown spots)
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips for dairy version)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 drop of peppermint extract
- 1-2 tbs almond or cashew milk (if needed)
- Mix frozen bananas, peppermint extract,chocolate chips and spinach in food processor or powerful blender until smooth.
- If mixture does not process well, add a bit of milk at a time until smooth.
- Ice cream will be soft and ready to eat. If you prefer harder ice cream, put your mixture in a container and freeze for 1 hour.
- You could also mix in your chocolate chips after processing the ice cream if you prefer.