As I considered what message I wanted to share with all of you at the end of this year a very clear impression came to my mind, which I would like to share. At the close of this year and the beginning of a new one, there is a natural desire to start new habits, set new goals etc. While we consider and reflect on the benefit of these possible changes, my invitation is that we take advantage of this innate inclination and consider a particularly powerful tool that can help in liberating the various sufferings we experience. This tool has the ability to facilitate true happiness in our lives this coming year. I am referring to the miracle of forgiving.
This human capacity is so extensive that it helps the heart to soften and open, give and receive compassion, empathy and love. When we reach this point the ability to love is so deep that it makes it possible to extend, even to someone unknown. Forgiveness is a divine gift that elevates the heart and brings peace to the mind. This gift is not limited to a few people; this potential is in each of us. Forgiveness brings complete peace to both those who forgive and those who are forgiven. It is the best gift that brings feelings of internal liberation and removes drama and suffering. When we forgive, love reveals itself, repairs our hearts and puts everything in the right place in our lives.
It is important to understand that forgiveness is a right and a gift from God for every human being. It is the process that leads us to the freedom to live life to the fullest. It is the capacity and the means to get out of pain, suffering and burdens from the past. When we decide to make this journey correctly, we will get closer to God and we can understand more clearly our divine nature as well as that of others.
If you are ready to begin this journey and claim this right and privilege to obtain your freedom, read this message carefully, and follow the impressions you receive.
Here are some tips:
- First, let me remind you that forgiveness is not an emotion nor is it a feeling.
- Forgiveness is a conscious and deliberate decision to withdraw feelings of resentment or revenge towards a person or group of people who have hurt you, regardless of whether they deserve your forgiveness.
- Forgiveness requires intention
- Be willing to go through the different emotions of pain, anger, sadness, bitterness or emptiness. However, only observe these emotions as you feel them, then let them go.
- Consider the suffering that comes from not forgiving.
- Reflect on the benefits that forgiveness will bring to your heart and your life (everyone’s love for you, peace in your family, inner peace, physical and mental health)
- You don’t have to be faithful to your suffering.
- Understand that forgiveness is a process, not just an action. Forgiving again and again is important; practice is required.
- In this practice begin by forgiving those who are easier to forgive; Your pet, friends, those you feel affection towards, etc. Then go on to forgive those who have created the most damage.
- Keep in mind that you have also caused harm and suffering to others at some time and therefore need forgiveness from them.
- By understanding these principles, you can continue to let go of those things that made forgiveness difficult in the past. Remember that without this practice there is no progress. Why not rekindle the dreams and aspirations of your life and start this year with the intention to forgive people in your family, work and yourself.
Also remember that you deserve to live with joy, independent of what others have done. When you spread sparks of joy it brings light that helps to heal the family. However, if we remain with the feeling of not wanting to forgive, we become partners in the suffering of this world. This year let’s plant seeds of forgiveness and help heal this beautiful world that God has placed in our hands.
Happy new year and may you be blessed in abundance.
The Phytotherapi Family